The VananchalCollege of nursing is approved by Government of Jharkhand and Jharkhand Nurses Registration Council, RIMS, Ranchi (Jharkhand). It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
The philosophy of the College of Nursing is based on the following beliefs:
- 1. The purpose of nursing education is to integrate the technical and practical knowledge with a holistic and compassionate perspective of humanity and human relationships, also the harmonious development of the physical, mental and spiritual powers of individual to help him/her to reach his/her highest potentials for health.
- 2. The College of Nursing is committed to provide high quality education based on core professional values, integrating the theory of arts and sciences for expert preparation in the knowledge and clinical skills of professional nursing to qualified individuals who must be prepared and empowered to confront the healthcare demands of a complex and dynamic society.
- 3. The College of Nursing is focused to produce professional nurse leaders among health-care professionals in promoting health, preventing diseases, and healing illness among persons and population and enable nurses to enact as stewards for healthcare within local, national and global communities.
The primary goal of the nursing programmes at Vananchal College of nursing is to prepare and train a student who reflects the following:
- • Caring - Applies and integrates caring behaviour that would demonstrate respect for individuality of others.
- • Healthcare - To demonstrate the knowledge and skill required to enhance health care to individuals, families, groups and communities.
- • Communication - To achieve mutually defined goals through communication with patients and in collaboration with other health professionals.
- • Environment - Synthesize information that relates to the internal and external environmental factors for use in the clinical decision-making process.
- • Culture - Create cultural concepts to solve complex problems in the provision of culturally sensitive nursing care to individuals, groups, families and communities.
- • Competency - Demonstrates the use of knowledge and acquired nursing skills to provide safe and effective therapeutic nursing interventions in diverse settings.
- • Critical Thinking - Demonstrates the incorporation of critical thinking into the nursing process and applies research findings to formulate and implement complex decisions in all aspects of nursing care.
- • Learning-Teaching - Develops and conducts appropriate learning-teaching activities to meet the health needs of individuals, families, groups and communities.
- • Professionalism of people - Analyzes the interaction of ethical, legal and political factors upon nursing care policy at all levels of practice and demonstrates behaviors which would reflect professional responsibility and accountability.
The main objectives of the College of Nursing:
- • Utilize the domains of Nursing to provide clinically competent and culturally sensitive nursing care to diverse patients/clients, families, groups, and communities in a variety of settings.
- • Utilize a variety of strategies to increase self-awareness and self-empowerment.
- • Practice nursing in a manner that reflects caring as the essence of profession/programme.
- • Practice nursing within established ethical and legal boundaries.
- • Engage in nursing practices that reflect a holistic view of self and others and respect for diverse cultures.
- • Participate in activities of the nursing profession as well as activities that benefit the global community.
- • Work collaboratively with patients, families, communities, interdisciplinary health team’s members and others in providing nursing care.
- • Communicate effectively, orally in writing and electronically using appropriate verbal and non-verbal techniques.
- • Recognize issues and trends which affect the multidimensional professional nursing role.
- • Conduct research and utilization of research findings in nursing care.
Vananchal College of Nursing was started in order to improve standards of nursing service through quality education. We have grown to be one among the largest nursing institution in the country and the best in the state of Jharkhand, under the guidance and support of Management of NPU. We offer programs starting from ANM, GNM,.Our college has recognition from Jharkhand State Nursing Council and Indian Nursing council.
College is equipped with qualified and competent teachers, good physical infrastructure, Library and most importantly students get opportunity for clinical learning in parent teaching hospital . Nursing students do have benefit of contributions from interdisciplinary teaching faculty and ample opportunity for extra- curricular activities. We are proud to say that all our alumni’s are on job in various hospitals and nursing institutes in Jharkhand state and also in surrounding states. I warmly invite you to be a proud nursing student of Vananchal College of Nursing.
- MS. Dibya Tiru
The courses will be offered in the area of Nursing and related subjects. Vananchal School of Nursing offers 1&1/2 year quality training programme of A.N.M. Training course which is approved by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi (Govt. of India) and Jharkhand Nurses Registration Council, RIMS, Ranchi (Jharkhand) as well as recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family welfare, Govt. of Jharkhand. Affiliation & Approval Vananchal School of Nursing offers 1&1/2 year quality training programme of A.N.M. Training course which is approved by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi (Govt. of India) and Jharkhand Nurses Registration Council, RIMS, Ranchi (Jharkhand) as well as recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family welfare, Govt. of Jharkhand.
Eligibility : -
The candidate must have passed 10th or Matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/Council and must have obtained 45% marks. Appearing candidate may also apply but their candidature shall only be valid when they obtain minimum pass marks in examination before counseling.
The candidate must attain the minimum age of 15 years on or before 31- Dec of the year in which admission is sought. The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
Medical Fitness :- Admission is subject to satisfactory of medical examination report.
Selection process :-
- 1. There shall be an Entrance examination conducted by the institution. The standard of the entrance examination shall be of the level of 10th. The pattern of question will be of multiple choices (objective type).
- 2. Candidate short listed on the basis of written examination in accordance with Merit list, Candidate shall have to appear at the 1st round of counseling. A second round of counseling may be held for candidates listed in waiting list provided that there seats vacant after the 1st round of counseling.
The School has got excellent infrastructure to provide quality education. Spacious room with modern furniture and audio visual aid are available for attentive classes. The laboratories are well equipped with modern facilities. The School is functioning in the form of network office administration with the help of online information system. Besides games, canteen, recreation room, health centre and cyber cafe, transportation facilities includes well maintained school buses are also available for our student's need.
Faculties are the main pillar of any college. Realizing this fact, the college has appointed senior and well qualified faculty members who are expertise in their respective fields. The students have freedom to interact with faculty members after the class room session. The full time faculty members are available in the college. The principal & faculty members stay in the college campus and are in the regular interaction with students even after the teaching hours.
The laboratories are well equipped with adequate number of scientific instruments so that each student gets full exposure & chance to handle them. Computer interface with related equipments are emphasized during the course. Department of Bio-chemistry, Dept. of Physiology, Dept. of Anatomy, Dept. of nursing Anatomy, Dept. of Oral Pathology, Dept. of Pharmacology, Dept. of Pathology, Dept. of Histology, Dept. of Microbiology and separate Dissection hall with cadaver facilities are available for the practical training. Besides, each department has good ventilation, water incoming & outgoing facility.
Books are life blood of any educational system. They are treasure of knowledge and must be use effectively. The college library has adequate no. of books, Journal (Indian & Foreign), Supplements & other learning material for students. The books are available as per DCI norms. Internet connectivity and on line information sources are also available. There is separate reading room for students and faculty members. Xerox machine, Fax machine & Computers are available in library for student's use. Library timing & its functions is totally guided by the rules & regulations of the librarians