Vananchal Dental College & Hospital was established because of the huge gap of Dental Surgeon in the State of Jharkand.
Vananchal Dental College & Hospital has been established to fill the huge gap of Dental Surgeon in the society, It is approved by Dental Council of India, The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Govt. of India & N.O.C by the Govt. of Jharkhand, The college is affiliated to Ranchi University, Ranchi (Jharkhand). It is ranked as Hi-tech Dental College & Hospital in the region and has excellent infrastructure with well equipped Laboratories & all modern facilities.
To impart teaching of courses recognised by the Dental Council of India leading to the Degree of "Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)". The college is also apporved by Dental Council of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to the Degree of "Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.)".
To build up awareness and consciousness among people in general with regard to Oral Hygiene, Dental health care and prevention of allied diseases.
To encourage and undertake research, extension, orientation in relation to dental education with special stress on oral diseases.
To produce competent & committed Dental Surgeon who are able to work safely and effectively on patients in diagnosis, prevention, treatment of dental/ oral diseases.
To create an environment in the institution which is essential to the development of the overall personalities of the students by inculcating in them national perspective, cultured outlook, healthy habits, co-operative spirit and ethical values.
Vananchal Dental College & Hospital is approved by Dental Council of India, The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India & N.O.C. by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Jharkhand. The college is affiliated to Nilamber Pitamber University, Medininagar (Jharkhand).
The College has got excellent infrastructure to provide quality education. Spacious room with modern furniture and audio visual aid are available for attentive classes. The laboratories are well equipped and modern facilities are provided. The college is functioning in the form of networked office administration with the help of online information system. Besides games, canteen, recreation room, health center and cyber cafe, transportation facility includes well maintained college buses are also available for the student's need.
Boys & Girls hostels are separately available in the college campus. The hostels are double stories building. Rooms are T-shape triple bedded and double bedded with good mess facilities and indoor games like Badminton, Table Tennis, Carom Board, Chess etc. The hostel provided with Guest room for parent & Guardians. The warden room is also attached with the hostel building for proper care of students. Gents and Ladies warden are appointed to look after Boy's and Girl's hostel respectively.
The college having lecture halls with a capacity of 120 students. The lecture halls are well equipped with all modern facilities like audio visual, LCD projector with well lighted and ventilated.
Faculties are the main pillar of any college. Realizing this fact, the college has appointed senior and well qualified faculty members who are expertise in their respective fields. The students have freedom to interact with faculty members after the class room session. The full time faculty members are available in the college. The principal & faculty members stay in the college campus and are in the regular interaction with students even after the teaching hours.
The laboratories are well equipped with adequate number of scientific instruments so that each student gets full exposure & chance to handle them. Computer interface with related equipments are emphasized during the course. Department of Bio-chemistry, Dept. of Physiology, Dept. of Anatomy, Dept. of Dental Anatomy, Dept. of Oral Pathology, Dept. of Pharmacology, Dept. of Pathology, Dept. of Histology, Dept. of Microbiology and separate Dissection hall with cadaver facilities are available for the practical training. Besides, each department has good ventilation, water incoming & outgoing facility.
Books are life blood of any educational system. They are treasure of knowledge and must be use effectively. The college library has adequate no. of books, Journal (Indian & Foreign), Supplements & other learning material for students. The books are available as per DCI norms. Internet connectivity and on line information sources are also available. There is separate reading room for students and faculty members. Xerox machine, Fax machine & Computers are available in library for student's use. Library timing & its functions is totally guided by the rules & regulations of the librarians.
Vananchal Dental College & Hospital has been tied-up with 300- bedded District / Sadar Hospital, Garhwa (Jharkhand) to provide necessary training facilities to all the concerned students of the College.
The B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) Course is four years duration with one year compulsory rotationary internship. Every year there will be an university examination. The M.D.S. (Master of Dental Surgery) course is of three years duration and having a university examination as per DCI norms.
Eligibility for B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) Course : -
The candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/ Council or University and must have obtained at least 50% (40% for ST/SC or OBC) marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology taken together and must have passed in English. Appearing candidate may also apply but their candidature shall only be valid when they obtain minimum qualifying marks and pass qualifying examination before the date of counseling.
The candidate must attain the minimum age of 17 years on or before 31st July of the current year.
Selection process for B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) Course :-
1. Candidates short listed on the basis of written examination & have to appear in the 1st round of counseling. A 2nd round of counseling may be held for candidates listed in waiting list provided that there are seats vacant after the 1st round of counseling.
2. Candidates who have qualified the entrance test of C.B.S.E. Medical, State Combined Medical Entrance Examination or any such equivalent examination.
Separate Merit list shall be prepared for NRI/ Management quota candidate.
Pattern of Entrance Test for B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) Course :-
The standard of Entrance Examination conducted by Jharkhand Unaided Private Dental Colleges' Association, shall be of the level of 10+2.
Pattern of questions will be of multiple choice (objective type ). Against each question there shall be four different answers numbered as A, B, C, D. out of which one will be the most appropriate answer which is to be indicated on the answer sheet in the empty box under the serial of question.
Centre of Examination for B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) Course :-
As per the notification of Jharkhand Unaided Private Dental College's Association.
Eligibility for M.D.S. (Master of Dental Surgery) Course : -
A candidate for admission to the M.D.S. course (Master of Dental Surgery) must have a recognised degree of B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University in respect of recognised Dental College under section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or equivalent qualification recognised by the Dental Council of India and should have obtained permanent registration with the State Dental Council. Candidates not possessing a recognised Dental qualification for the above purpose should secure the prior approval of his qualifications by the Dental Council of India before he can admitted to the M.D.S. Course. Qualification for the above purpose should secure the prior approval of his qualifications by the Dental Council of India before he can be admitted to the M.D.S. course.
Candidates who possess PG Diploma recognised by DCI with the duration of 2 years (proposed) in particular specialty is eligible for admission in M.D.S. in the same sociality and the duration will be 2 years. The syllabus of two years programme will be per the concerned university guidelines.
Provide that in the case of a Foreign National, the Dental Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he is admitted for the time being exclusively for Post Graduate studies.
Provided that further temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is dully registered as dental practitioner in his own country from which he has obtained his basic dental qualification and that his degree is recognised by the corresponding dental council or concerned authority.
Selection Process for M.D.S. (Master of Dental Surgery) Course :-
The Details for admission test and Application form would be available at the College counter, Farathiya, Garhwa (Jharkhand) and Vananchal Educational & Welfare Trust, Office - Kutchery Road, Garhwa / 136, Sheopuri Lower Hinoo, Near Shiv Mandir, Ranchi - 834002, for Rs. 500/- in Cash. An application form can also be obtained through post by sending an application with the candidate's postal detail on the colleges' address along with the bank draft of Rs. 550/- in favour of Jharkhand Unaided Private Dental Colleges' Association payable at Ranchi.
download the application form, from www.vananchaltrust.org and send the filled application form with bank draft of Rs. 500/-(in favour of Jharkhand Unaided Private Dental Colleges' Association payable at Ranchi.) at college counter through post or by hand.
1. Incomplete application form will not be accepted
2. In case a candidate is found to have given false information to the College, candidate will not be admitted or the admission will be cancelled if already admitted.
3. Self attested photocopy of the documentary evidence of the date of the birth such as Class Xth pass certificate should be enclosed with the application.
4. Candidate shall submit application with five passport size recent self attested photographs.
5. Candidate shall submit self attested photocopy of all the necessary documents of their academic qualification required for selection.
6. Medical certificate of fitness by Civil Assistant Surgeon or Registered Medical Practitioner on the prescribed proforma in the application form.
1. The existing fee structure is to be revised by the Fee Fixiation Committee constituted by the Govt. of Jharkhand for the current academic session. The Fee structure shall be notified along with the result of Entrance Test.
2. The selected and admitted students shall be required to deposit the annual tuition fee by cash/ the Bank Draft in favour of Vananchal Dental College & Hospital Payable at Garhwa must be issued from State Bank of India / Panjab National Bank / Allahabad Bank.
3. A candidate once admitted in the college shall not be allowed to leave the college without paying the full tuition fee for the remaining period of B.D.S. course.
4. At the time of admission while paying the tuition fee for the 1st year of B.D.S. course, the candidate/ Guardian shall also have to furnish the bond of payment of Tuition fee for the remaining period of B.D.S. Course.
5. The Fee structure is revised from time to time as per the budgetary needs of the college /as per the recommendation of the Fee Fixiation Committee constituted by the Govt. of Jharkhand and then the new fee structure will be payable by the all students.
FEE (/S) ONCE DEPOSITED WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
The students are expected to follow the rules and regulation of the college as lay from time to time. Attendance requirement is minimum 70% in each subject. Disciplinary action may be initiated against those students who violate norms. It is expected that students maintain proper decorum while in College campus. No group or union will be allowed to function, which has political affiliation. Caste, creed religion etc. will not be a source of any function.
Any act of misconduct committed by a student inside or outside the campus will be an act of violation of discipline of the College and will include -
1. Disruption of teaching, study, examination or administrative work, curricular or extra curricular activity or residential life of the member of the College.
2. Damaging or defacing College property or the property of the members of the College or any other property inside or outside the College.
3. Use of abusive or intimidatory language or incitement of violence.
4. Ragging of any student in any form.
5. Eve teasing or disrespectful behavior to elders, women or girl Students / Staff / Teachers.
6. Committing forgery, tempering with or misuse of the College documents or records, identification card etc.
7. Using or processing alcoholic or dangerous drugs.
8. Possessing or using any weapon such as knife, chains, iron roads, sticks, explosive and fire arms in hostel or College premise.
9. Any offence under law.
Any other act or acts which may be considered by the management, principal or the disciplinary committee to be an act of violation of discipline.
(a) Written warning and information to guardian/parent.
(b) Fine will be charged as decided by the College disciplinary committee.
(c) Suspension / expulsion, from the department / hostel / library and the College.
(d) Debarring from examination, participation in sports.
(e) Recovery of pecuniary loss caused to the person so affected and the College property.
(f) Information to law enforcing authority.
If at any stage during course of study of student, it is found to the subject satisfaction of the College authorities that:
1. A student has secured admission on the basis of false certificate, mark sheet or on the basis of any other illegal means, his or her admission will be summarily cancelled and all fee paid will be forfeited. This will be without prejudice to any other action which the College may take against such student.
2. The conduct of the student of the College is not satisfactory or indiscipline.
3. He indulges in ragging of the students of the College.
4. The activity of the student is such to be determined to the interest of the College.
Honorable Civil Court, Garhwa (Jharkhand) will only be the legal jurisdiction in case of any dispute or legal action.
Suitable arrangement is available for extra circular activity for the students. Games (Football, Volleyball, Badminton, Cricket, Hockey) Liberty Societies, Fun Club, Music and Drama Class, Science society, Medical and Dental Museum, General Shops, Stationary, Canteen and Medical Shop. Securities guards are available for 24 hours in the college campus. There is 24 hours lighting arrangement with separate generators in the college campus.
By Rail: - The college reach is within the per view of East Central Railway. It is in between two railway station that is Garhwa and Garhwa Road, both railway stations are 4.5 km from the College campus. There is direct rout to the college from Delhi, Pubjab, Haryana, Jammu Kashmir, Rajasthan, U.P., M.P., Maharashtra, and South Indian States, West Bengal, Orissa is also connected via Railway. There are direct trains from these states. Rajdhani express stoppage is also available at Garhwa Road station. The facilities of vehicle are also available from the Dental College to Railway station.
By Road: - The Dental College is situated 0.5 km from National Highway no. 75. Bus facilities are available from Chattisgarh, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, Varanasi, Gaya, Aurangabad, Dehrionson, Sasaram, Daltonganj, Ambikapur, Ranchi, Dhanbad, Bokaro, Jamshedpur etc.
By Air: - There is three airports near by of Garhwa that is Ranchi, Varanasi and Patna.